This notice explains how Anxious Cat Studio (a brand of Kamil Rojewski Consulting, PL7122878517, referred to as “we” in this notice) collects, stores, uses, or otherwise processes the personal data of end users of our Services as defined below (referred to as “you” in this notice), and what rights you have if we are processing your personal data. The expression “your data” is used when referring to personal data that relates to you as an identified or identifiable individual. The expression “Services” refers Vis Arcana and/or other games/applications developed by us.
By “data controller”, we mean an entity that determines how and why personal data is processed. With regard to the activities described in this notice, we are the data controller.
While operating the Services, we may share your data with partners we work with. Some of these partners are data controllers independently of us and, therefore, independently determine how and why they process your data.
In matters related to this notice, you can reach us by the contact form.
Why do we process your data and on what basis
To perform our contract with you, we may process your data as necessary to:
- create and maintain an account for you in our Services
- enable you to use our Services
- provide the correct version of our Services to you (for example, selecting an appropriate language version for you)
- where available, enable you to communicate with other users in our Services (for example, by providing chat, forums, or other similar features)
- send you service-related communications (for example, technical notices, security alerts, or administrative messages)
- verify your purchases or other transactions in our Services
Based on our legitimate interest to make our Services the best they can be, we may process your data to:
- operate and maintain our Services (for example, by making sure our Services are secure and function as intended)
- troubleshoot or debug any bugs, errors, or other issues in our Services
- measure and analyze the use of our Services or data we collect through our Services (for example, to discover trends or other insights or to inform our operations)
- create data that is not identifiable to you (for example, aggregate data), which we may then use and share freely
- conduct surveys or other research to learn more about our users
- improve our current Services or develop new Services
Based on our legitimate interest to make sure you have the best possible user experience in our Services, we may process your data to:
- personalize your gameplay experience in our Services based on your activity
- provide you with offers and rewards in our Services based on your activity
- where available, enable your gameplay across multiple devices
- where available, provide social features or events in our Services
- handle your support requests or otherwise manage our relationship with you
- send you service-related communications (for example, technical notices, security alerts, or administrative messages)
Based on our legitimate interest to make sure our Services are a fair and safe environment for all users, we may process your data to:
- moderate and monitor the use of our Services (including any messages sent through the Services), either automatically or manually
Based on our legitimate interest to promote our Services and to make sure we reach interested audiences, we may process your data to:
- keep track of installations of our Services
- measure, analyze, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising (including our advertising outside of our Services)
- send you communications about offers, rewards, events, or other news related to our Services or other operations
- request our advertising partners to show or not show our ads to you based on your activity (including by limiting the number of times you see our ads)
- request our advertising partners to advertise our Services to audiences who they believe have interests similar to yours
Based on our legitimate interest to provide you with relevant ads in our Services and to fund our Services so that we can keep providing them to you, we may process your data to:
- show ads to you in our Services, either from us or our advertising partners
- keep track of your activity in our Services to learn about your interests and improve the advertising in our Services
- personalize, or allow our advertising partners to personalize, the ads you see in our Services to make them more relevant to you
Based on our legitimate interest to safeguard our operations, we may process your data to:
- detect, investigate, or prevent fraud or fraudulent or otherwise unauthorized behavior
- audit our operations or processes (for example, to verify that they function as intended and according to regulatory or contractual requirements)
- establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations
With your consent, we may process your data:
- to send you newsletters or other similar communications if you have subscribed to them
- for other purposes explained to you when we ask for your consent
Finally, we may process your data as necessary to:
- comply with legal obligations which we believe apply to us (including accounting and tax requirements and requirements to provide information to competent authorities upon due request)
- protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person
In addition, we may process your data for additional purposes which are compatible with any of the purposes listed above.
We do not use your data to make automated decisions which significantly affect you. By an “automated decision”, we mean a decision made by an information system without any human intervention.
Advertising funds our Services and enables us to make them available free of charge. In our Services, we show our own ads and also ads from third parties. We also advertise outside of our Services on third-party properties such as websites or applications. This section provides more information on how we may use your data for advertising purposes, and how you can control the use of your data for these purposes.
Mobile advertising relies on the use of certain online identifiers, in particular Advertising IDs but also IP addresses or other identifiers. An “Advertising ID” is an alphanumeric string of digits provided by the operating system of a device. It is consistent across applications from different publishers. The Advertising ID is known as the Identifier for Advertisers (“IDFA”) on iOS devices and Google Advertising Identifier (“GAID”) on Android devices.
Advertising IDs are used for interest-based advertising and other advertising related purposes. You can control the extent to which your Advertising ID is used for these purposes. Using the privacy settings on your device, you can typically reset and/or limit the use of your Advertising ID. For example, you can “limit ad tracking” on iOS devices or “opt out of interest-based ads” on Android devices. These settings are specific to each device, which means that you should set them to your desired state on each of your devices individually. It may take some time for your updated settings to take effect. Please consider that resetting or limiting the use of your Advertising ID will not stop you from seeing ads, but the ads you see may be less relevant to you.
For more information on mobile privacy settings, you may refer to third-party resources such as: https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice
When you see ads in our Services, we may share your Advertising ID and IP address with our advertising partners. Our advertising partners may also collect information directly from our Services through technologies such as software development kits (SDKs). In each case, they may use your data for a number of purposes, including to limit the number of times you see an ad or to personalize the ads you see to make them more relevant to you (for example, based on the past activity they have associated with your Advertising ID).
When you see our ads outside of our Services (for example, on third-party properties such as websites or applications), the ad network involved in delivering that ad to you may, based on information such as the past activity they have associated with your Advertising ID, have determined that you may be interested in our Services. Ad networks may also use your data to:
- limit the number of times you see our ads
- inform users who have previously played our Services about new content, updates, or other news related to those Services
- refrain from showing our ads to users who already play the Service being advertised
In addition, ad networks may provide services where they use Advertising IDs or other identifiers to find users who are likely to be interested in our Services because their past activity or interests are similar to those of others known by the ad network to use our Services.
Advertising IDs or other identifiers are also used for ad measurement, which involves the collection of metrics such as total views, clicks, or installs generated by an ad. Measurement data may be directly or indirectly collected or received by multiple parties involved in ad delivery (including us and our advertising partners), for example through technologies such as web beacons inserted into ads. It is used for purposes such as to provide measurement services, to detect, investigate and prevent fraud or fraudulent behavior, or to settle payments between the parties involved in ad delivery.
What data do we process
We may process the following data relating to you:
- your email address, or other contact information if you have provided them to us
- online identifiers such as your in-game alias, IP address, identifiers we assign to your account, or hardware or operating system based identifiers including your Advertising ID
- technical information about the device you use to use our Services (for example, information about its type, model, manufacturer, operating system, language, display, processor, or memory)
- information about your use of the Services
- information about your interactions with our ads outside of the Services (for example, on third-party websites or applications)
- crash logs or other information related to bugs, errors, or other issues in our Services
- inferences we make based on your activity in our Services
- messages or other communications you send to us or through the Services
- if you choose to connect a third-party account (for example, a social media account) with our Services, information we receive from the third-party account provider (for example, an account name, identifier, or email address to enable cross-device gameplay or a profile name, picture, or friends information to provide social features)
- if you make purchases in our Services, information we receive from third-party payment service providers to validate those purchases
- if you have subscribed to our communications, your content preferences or other information you submit to us when subscribing to our communications
- if you participate in our surveys or other research, any comments, feedback, responses, or other information you provide to us when doing so
- any other information you choose to submit to us through our Services or otherwise
- with your consent, other information explained to you when asking for your consent
We do not expect or intend to collect or otherwise process any special categories of data relating to you. By special categories of data, we mean genetic, biometric or health information, information revealing racial or ethnic origin, sex life or sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, or information about your criminal offences or convictions. Please do not provide this kind of information to us or use the Services to make it available to others.
Where do we collect your data from
We may collect data relating to you from the following sources:
- directly from you when you submit it to us (for example, when registering an account with us, subscribing to our communications, sending support enquiries to us, or responding to our surveys)
- directly from you and/or your device by automatic means when you use our Services or interact with our ads outside of our Services (for example, on third-party websites or applications), including through cookies or similar technologies or software development kits (SDKs)
- if you interact with ads in our Services (for example, on third-party websites or applications), from our advertising partners involved in the delivery and measurement of those ads
- if you choose to connect a third-party account (for example, a social media account) with our Services, from the third-party account provider
- if you make purchases in our Services, from the third-party payment service provider involved in those transactions
- with your consent, from other sources explained to you when asking for your consent
Providing data to us is not mandatory. However, we are unable to provide the Services, or some parts or features of the Services, without processing your data. If you use our Services, we will collect data relating to you for some or all of the purposes described in this notice, depending on the Services you decide to use and your choices when using them. You have a number of options to limit or control the extent to which your data is processed.
Who do we share your data with
We may share your data with third parties to achieve the purposes described in this notice. This may include sharing data with the following types of recipients:
- persons or companies that provide services to us and process data on our behalf when providing those services (for example, providers of hosting services, analytics services, services that add functionality to the Services, or other services that help us develop and operate our Services)
- other partners we work with while providing the Services (who may process your data independently of us)
- prospective or actual buyers (including their agents or advisors) in the context of a planned or actual acquisition, merger, or other business restructuring
- competent courts of law or other government authorities where we believe disclosure is necessary as a matter of applicable law or regulation
- any person or entity where we believe disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or to protect your or another person’s vital interests
- with any other person or entity with your consent
In addition, please consider that some information you submit or make available through the Services may be visible to other users of our Services. This typically applies to, for example, your public profile information in our Services (such as your in-game alias), your chat messages in our Services, and information used to provide social features such as alliances or leaderboards.
In connection with the processing activities described in this notice, your data may be transferred to and/or processed in countries outside of the European Union (“EU”) and the European Economic Area (“EEA”). These countries may have data protection laws that differ from the laws of your country. In these cases, we will provide appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data. These safeguards may include compliance with the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses for transfers of personal data or reliance on the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
How long do we keep your data
We will keep your data for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which it was collected, including to provide you with the Services or to comply with any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may periodically delete or de-identify inactive accounts or other data in our Services.
After the applicable retention period, we will either delete or de-identify your data or, if neither deletion or de-identification is possible (for example, due to data being stored on a backup server), isolate your data from further processing until deletion or de-identification is possible. We may continue to use data that is not identifiable to you (for example, aggregate data).
How do we keep your data secure
We have adopted measures to provide your data a level of security appropriate for the degree of risk involved with the processing activities described in this notice. These measures are designed to protect your data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration as well as unauthorized disclosure or access. The specific measures we employ vary, but typically include, for example, encryption in transit, pseudonymization of identifying data where feasible, controls to limit access to services or systems that contain personal data, and maintaining procedures to handle any suspected security incidents.
If we are processing your data, you have the right to:
- access, correct, or request the deletion of your data
- request us to restrict our processing of your data
- object to our processing of your data to the extent our processing is based on our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party
Where our processing of your data is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please be aware that we may continue processing your data despite your withdrawal of consent, if we have a lawful basis for doing so.
To unsubscribe from our marketing communications, please use the unsubscribe link provided in the messages we send. The unsubscribe link is typically found at the end of the message.
Finally, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority regarding our processing of your data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Note for California residents
If you are a California resident, please be aware that under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (“CCPA”), you are entitled to receive specific information on how we process your data. You also have specific rights to your data, including the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. To review this specific information and familiarize yourself with your rights under the CCPA, please review our Supplemental Privacy Disclosure for California Residents.
You represent that you are at least 13 years of age. However, we do not know the specific age of individual users of our Services. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not provide your personal data (including your name, address, telephone number, or email address) to us or use the Services to make your personal data available to others.
If we discover that we hold personal data relating to a user under 13 years of age, we will take appropriate measures to ensure that we process that data according to the requirements of applicable laws and regulations or promptly delete the data from our records. If you have reason to believe we hold personal data relating to a user under 13 years of age, please contact us.
We may update this notice from time to time, for example due to changes in our operations or the legal obligations that apply to us. Updates will be made available here. We may also inform you of any changes by other means that are appropriate to the significance of the changes.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://visarcana.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We may share data with various web analytics services, e.g. Google.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.